Jasonum - Yason

Jasonum - Yason

1/329/img_3023.jpg

Jasonum - Yason

It is located within the borders of Çaytepe village 15 km west of Perşembe district. It is a 1st Degree Archaeological Site, and 2nd Degree Natural Protected Area. The church has three apses and a small dome. It is divided into three naves in the inner part with two rows of columns. Light and dark stones were used on the façade. The church was turned into a tourist attraction when it was renovated and environmental planning was made according to the original site after which it was opened to visit. The remnants today indicate that a large town was established at Cape Jason. There are ruins of a very old church at the cape where the Jason Lighthouseis located. Once one of the largest religious structures in Jason town, it has been understood that church was demolished due to raids, looting, and devastation and a new one was built on its ruins by Rums. The date (1869) on the gate is the date of renovation, not foundation. There are traces of hatcheries by the sea.

 


0 reviews from our community

Very Poor
Poor
Average
Good
Excellent
00000
0

Be the first to write a review

Download our app

General sponsors

Armenia

USAID

Implementation of the BSSRC project in Armenia and development of the BSSRC web portal and mobile applications were co-funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Enterprise Development and Market Competitiveness (EDMC) project. The contents of the web portal and mobile applications are the sole responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of USAID or the United States Government.

The Honorary Consul for Italy in Gyumri

ARMINCO

Armenian Travel Bureau

Georgia

Greece

Turkey

Login using social accounts